Monthly Archives: March 2015
Are you over the age of 19 and seeking work or an apprenticeship?
Do you want to learn valuable work related skills and gain new qualifications?
Do you want to gain valuable work experience with Birmingham City Council with opportunities to progress onto an Apprenticeship or direct employment within the Birmingham City area?
Birmingham City Council in partnership with Optimum skills Limited have numerous work placement opportunities and are now recruiting.
The twelve week programme will consist of:
- One week’s employability skills induction training (including completion of a Level 1 Certificate in Employability Skills) in the classroom to prepare you for your work experience within the council environment, where you will gain valuable life skills and qualifications;
- Work experience placement in your chosen pathway (over four days a week); part of this placement will include study towards a Level 1 Certificate in Customer Service
- Proactive work preparation support, references, and interview opportunities for apprenticeship and job progression.
The opportunities are available immediately and enrolment will be on a monthly basis.
Business Administration work experience will include supporting Landlord Services and other city council departments with day to day duties including answering phones, data inputting, customer queries, filing, collating information etc. This opportunity will give you sufficient work experience to build your competencies to prove to potential employers that you are capable of an apprenticeship in a similar field or for direct job vacancies that exist.
Property and caretaking work experience will be working outdoors. You will work within Landlord Services in small teams throughout Birmingham City Council undertaking duties that will include painting, cleaning, environmental maintenance, garden clearing and maintenance, snow clearance and gritting and supporting Housing Supervisors ensure that resident’s satisfaction remains high and customer requirements are met.
In partnership with Birmingham City Council, Optimum Skills have developed this programme to progress your personal and social development, improving your work related skills around attitude and behaviour in a work environment. This is a pioneering new opportunity, with the full support of many major employers that are working locally.
- 19 years of age and over?
- Currently unemployed and claiming job seeking benefits?
- Committed to updating your skills and knowledge through completion of qualifications and work experience placement?
- Able to commit to a 12 week programme?
If you are interested please call 01325 311832 and ask to speak to someone about Traineeships or text Ian Barnhurst on 07850493995.